[DGD] Need some guidance

Greg Lewis glewis at eyesbeyond.com
Sat Feb 2 05:42:10 CET 2002

On Fri, Feb 01, 2002 at 10:39:17PM +0000, Shevek wrote:
> Ever so minor problem (:>) is that I can't figure out how to access the
> database from within DGD. The  rest doesn't appear incredibly difficult to
> put together, but it all revolves around that hookup.

Erwin summed this up pretty well, but just to be explicit, your two choices
are to either add a kfun module to DGD which is linked in with the MySQL
libraries and provides you an interface via kfuns (think Perl DBI, PHP's
MySQL module or JDBC) or to use the networking kfuns to talk to the MySQL
server via sockets.  The latter is probably easier.

Greg Lewis                            Email : glewis at eyesbeyond.com
Eyes Beyond                           Phone : (801) 796 6999
Information Technology                Web   : http://www.eyesbeyond.com