[DGD] Phantasmal MUDLib, first (semipublic) release

Noah Lee Gibbs angelbob at monkeyspeak.com
Wed Feb 13 08:18:30 CET 2002

  The MUDLib I'm working on is now available for public download.  It is
not, nor is it meant to be, a full usable MUD.  This version has simple
functionality include room and exit load/save to a structured file format,
a comprehensive online help system and a decent OLC system for rooms and
exits.  Please use the online help system (help and @help) to find out
more.
  Many standard features, including rooms, portables, channeld and mudmail
are not yet present.  It is not yet a full competitor to Melville, though
it aims to be in the reasonably near future.  Its primary use at this
point is as an example MUDLib for aspiring programmers and a base for them
to use.  I place it in the public domain with this announcement, and
currently plan all future versions to be as well.
  I hope that many of you will download and evaluate it and make
constructive suggestions.  I am aware of many things that are yet
imcomplete or incorrect but I look forward to additional feedback.
  I plan to continue active development of this MUDLib, and to work
initially on the tasks documented as needing work in the TASKS file
downloaded with the MUDLib.  Your feedback will help shape my priorities
and draw my attention to serious shortcomings I may have missed so far.
  Thank you all for your time, patience and attention.  Without this list
neither my documentation site nor my MUDLib would be possible.  I hope
that this will help repay that debt in some small part.

The MUDLib code can be downloaded from
"http://www.angelbob.com/projects/mudlib/".

angelbob at monkeyspeak.com
See my page of DGD documentation at
"http://www.angelbob.com/projects/DGD_Page.html"
If you post to the DGD list, you may see yourself there!