[DGD] When DGD met a Windows LAN & ICS...

Mordengaard mordengaard at btinternet.com
Fri Feb 15 14:26:40 CET 2002

I hope someone here can help with this, 'cause I'm all out of ideas.

Problem:  Nobody can connect to my DGD server from outside my two-computer
LAN.
Setup:  Two Windows 98SE computers networked together.  The computer the DGD
server is running on is also running ZoneAlarm and an Apache server - it's
is also running Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) so both computers can
connect to the 'net via the USB ADSL modem.

ZoneAlarm is configured to allow full access to the DGD server, and isn't
blocking any connections.  People can access the Apache server no problem.
The DGD server has been running and allowing connections fine on the same
machine without the ICS or network installed.

I'm posting this to this list because I think I've exhausted all the
alternatives except for DGD.  So, if anyone can help, please respond.

Mordengaard