[DGD] foundation lib

Troels Therkelsen troels at 2-10.org
Sat Feb 16 16:51:49 CET 2002

> Of course you've always got another option, you could join the
> Open Source revolution by downloading (or buying) a Linux distro.
>  I set up a computer to dual-boot Linux/Windows 95 & had no
> problem.  You'll need a CD burner to do the download route though.
>
> -- Keith

While this is not a mailinglist for discussing Linux, I feel that the
above "you need a CD burner to download/install linux" statement is
so blatantly wrong that I can't keep my big trap shut ;-)

Both the Debian and Redhat (and probably most of the others, but I
don't have first-hand experiences with those) distributions allow
installations from a variety of medias, from CDs over FTP to a local
linux/dos partition.

AFAIK, you do not need a CD burner to install ANY linux distribution;
although many offer free ISO images for download so you can choose
that option if you want to.

Regards,

Troels Therklsen