[DGD] Kernel Mudlib

Shevek shevek at btinternet.com
Sun Feb 17 04:57:15 CET 2002

At 09:08 16/02/02 -0800, you wrote:
>On Fri, 15 February 2002, Erwin Harte wrote:
> >
> > Return MODE_DISCONNECT or whatever it's called as the very first thing
> > in that special user-object, then the connection will be closed almost
> > immediately.
> >

>OK thanks.  I think I might be doing that as soon as login() is called on
>the user object.  I was just wondering if there was some way of disabling
>the telnet port without a special user-object.

Set the timeout in telnetd or binaryd (Or whatever you pass via initd.c) to
-1, effectively this disconnects as soon as they connect. No need to pass
any object back as it's never used.
It's good to be nice about it and leave query_banner giving some
explanation as to why they can't logon on the telnet/binary port.

Eg
object select(string str) {
         /* No need to return anything, but you need the function I think */
}

int query_timeout(object connection){
         /* Disconnect immediately */
         return(-1);
}

string query_banner(object connection) {
         /* Needed, it gets called before query_timeout */
         string str;
         str="\nTelnet connections are not permitted.";
         str+="\nUse port 6048 \n";
         return(str);
}

Shevek