[DGD] Plea for help

Pete Smith dune1200 at mac.com
Thu Feb 21 22:49:52 CET 2002

>We can't compile it even without the patch. The problem is I'm afraid that
>neither of us doing it have coded for the Mac and therefore have no idea
>about how to compile the source using the software we have (Mac OS X
>Developer kit, MPW).

I'm not sure about using MPW, but DGD can certainly be compiled (and
run) from the command-line in Mac OS X. Compiling should be simple;
in the src/ directory of the dgd folder, type 'make' and 'make
install'. This (all things being well) will create the driver
binaries in the bin/ directory.

DGD can then be run from the command line in standard Unix fashion,
with the argument being the config file you are using (mud.dgd in the
dgd folder).

And you'll need to edit mud.dgd too, to have the right absolute paths
to your dgd directory.

--
Pete Smith