Soundex [Re: [DGD] LPC algorithm question]

Christopher Allen ChristopherA at skotos.net
Sun Feb 24 19:32:08 CET 2002

"Noah Gibbs" <angelbob at monkeyspeak.com>:
>an array of string sorted by locale (English, Spanish, etc).
> the Soundex algorithm

I'd completely forgot about the Soundex algorithm, though when I was
using it 15 years ago or so I was told that it only works well for
English, not other languages. Do you have something different?

Sounds like a great idea for making help searching easier -- if sometime
you'd like to share it, I'd consider using it ;-)

-- Christopher Allen