[DGD] Heaven 7 Conversion

Neil McBride neil at castinian.org
Thu Jan 3 22:57:29 CET 2002

J. Bennett wrote:

>> ;)  If you really want H7 but want something more stable than Amylaar,
>> go with LDMud.  It's fairly simple to get that driver working with it.
>

> Is there a publicly available version of the H7 lib for LDmud?  If so
> any idea where it can be had?

The normal release of H7 will work fine with LDmud providing LDmud is
configured and compiled to work with it.  Fortunately, the following was
posted by Ralph Zitz to an old H7 list early last year.  It works almost
100% after that.  If I remember rightly, there were a few problems with
strict type checking that require some very minor modifications that
aren't mentioned below.  You'll see them soon enough as they were in
some of the more frequently used files.

Cheers,

Neil.

For further information about LDMud:

http://www.bearnip.com/lars/proj/ldmud.html

HOWTO:

LDMud is strict about scopes of variables, hence you need to change the
following in
/secure/master.c:

in function: void move_or_destruct(object what, object to)

move 'int res;' to the line before: #ifdef COMPAT_FLAG
else the driver refuses to load master.c

in /include/config.h:

After the line:
/* Auto-config some stuff */

add this:

#define COMPAT_FLAG
#define AMYLAAR321

And that are pretty much the only changes that need to be done to the mudlib
in order to get the mud up and running.
Once you have compiled the driver and start it, it will complain a lot about
how some simulated efuns use the wrong number of arguments etc etc, but
simply
ignore that and fix it later.

I have attached a small file for configuration of the LDMud driver, you need
edit this to suit your needs....
You should copy the file to: <where you unpacked the driver>/src
Make sure the file is executable: chmod +x H7
And then simply run it: ./H7
Once the configuration completes you are ready to build the driver:
make install install-utils

And that's it!

Here is an example of how mine looked when I tested this:

#!/bin/sh
#
# Settings for a compat-mode driver.
#
# configure will strip this part from the script.

exec ./configure \
--prefix=/home/merlan/temp \
--bindir=/home/merlan/temp/bin \
--libdir=/home/merlan/temp/lib \