[DGD] Http daemon

Risto Karjalainen risto.karjalainen at pp1.inet.fi
Sun Jan 6 03:45:52 CET 2002

David Jackson wrote:
> The way my daemon identifies players is by IP number, then requesting a
> password, and tracking it for the session, expiring the IP after a
timeout.

This is how I would have done it a month ago, but just recently I was
enlightened by a friend of mine. Different computers CAN share the same IP
number, so you could actually play from both computers after logging on with
either of them. So obviously identifying players only by their IP isn't the
best way to do it.

>From the discussion I had with the friend of mine I gather that cookies is
The Way.

Regards,