[DGD] Large dumpfile?

Par Winzell zell at skotos.net
Fri Jan 11 19:19:01 CET 2002

 > At the moment, I'm using DGD as a customized httpd and that's all.  Yet
 > the dump file is currently 40 megs and constantly growing.  I'm having a
 > hard time figuring out where it's all coming from.  Is there some way to
 > find out which objects all that memory is going to?  Perhaps a command to
 > call on an object that will tell you how much memory it's taking up?  It
 > would be very useful in diagnosing my situation.

Yes, sort of --

	for each object ob in runtime,
		examine status(ob)[O_NSECTORS]

which returns the number of sectors taken up by the object's data
and, if it's a master copy, its program.

Unfortunately I think this only works for swapped-out data, so the
time to do it might be in a 0.001-second callout after calling the
swapout() kfun? If you want to get a mudlib-wide total, that is.

Dworkin?

Zell