[DGD] Problem with Rooms objects

Shevek shevek at btinternet.com
Sun Mar 3 17:23:09 CET 2002

At 00:09 03/03/02 -0600, you wrote:
>On Fri, Mar 02, 2001 at 10:11:51PM -0600, Lord Lerkista wrote:
> > I have:
> >
> > room=clone_object("/room/room.c");
> > room->set_short("blablabla");
> > room->set_long("blablabla\n");
> > room->set_anything("XXX");
> >
> > But when i check the room all variables are 0 =/
> > Why is that??

Calling the right functions in the room object?

call_other won't dump out an error if the function doesn't exist (Depends
on the situation for me), but it will return nil. That's my observation
anyway, don't take it as gospel.

So x=some_object->some_function(some_arg) would leave x=0 if x is integer,
I think, if the function doesn't exist/returns 0.

Erwin's static thing is probably more likely though.

Cheers,
         Shevek