[DGD] [off topic] Java-based Driver

John Ruiz jruiz at psu.edu
Thu Mar 28 00:08:51 CET 2002

All,

In my Distributed Computing course, one of the possible projects we are
to complete for this semester is a game server - not necessarily a MUD
server - but that's what I'm familiar with, and what I'd love to code.

My question to you all is what questions i should ask myself before I
start coding and what major issues i'm going to be faced with in
designing a Java-based Driver.  I'm familiar with Sockets, RMI, and JINI
technologies and would like to use them wherever practical.

If you feel that this is so off topic that it should definitely not be
discussed here, I'm OK with that.  I'm willing to communicate via email
or any other way anyone would be willing to help me out.

Yours,
John Ruiz
Junior, IST @ Penn State
http://www.johnruiz.com/