[DGD] Update for 1.2.41

Noah Gibbs angelbob at monkeyspeak.com
Sun Mar 31 08:39:28 CEST 2002

  Overall I've been surprised at how painless the transition to multiport
has been, but I'd like to point out a couple of things other people may
find.
  If you're using an ObjectD, be aware that compile and compile_string
have merged, as have compile_lib and compile_lib_string.  This is
reflected in the documentation, and I consider it a good thing.  Still, be
aware.
  The set_telnet_manager(port,object) call takes an offset into the port
array for the first number -- thus, plan to supply a zero there to keep
behavior the same rather than an explicit port number.  That's fine, but I
was disappointed that the docs didn't make it clearer.  In particular,
dgd/mud/doc/kernel/overview has it wrong and dgd/mud/doc/kernel/hook/userd
doesn't explain the port number usefully.  I'm hoping this'll get fixed
for 1.2.42 :-)
  Anyway.  The current CVS version of Phantasmal on SourceForge.net should
work just fine with 1.2.41.  I've got a couple more checks and cleanups to
add and I'll put together a 0.007 release for 1.2.41.

angelbob at monkeyspeak.com
See my page of DGD documentation at
"http://phantasmal.sourceforge.net/DGD/"
If you post to the DGD list, you may see yourself there!