[DGD] Problems when not on localhost

Noah Gibbs angelbob at monkeyspeak.com
Fri Nov 22 00:36:37 CET 2002

  I was having trouble connecting to my MUD when connecting from anywhere
other than localhost (I still am, in fact), so I tried it out with the
Kernel MUDLib and had exactly the same problem.  Since my MUDLib is Kernel
MUDLib-based, I suddenly don't feel so bad :-)
  Is anybody else having this problem?  I find that if I connect to
localhost on port 6047, no problem, it works fine, but if I connect to my
machine from other hosts at the same port it just never seems to
acknowledge the connection and eventually times out.
  I'm using DGD 1.2.52.

angelbob at monkeyspeak.com
See my page of DGD documentation at
"http://phantasmal.sourceforge.net/DGD/"
If you post to the DGD list, you may see yourself there!