[DGD] Hello(new to coding)

John Arnold astial26 at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 23 10:40:28 CET 2002

Hello everyone.
   I am fairly new to the coding world and just joined the DgD list
today. I have read through some of the archives and found some very
useful information. I spent about 3 months going through variuos
mudlibs(both for DgD and MudOS) and reading about both drivers before
I decided to go with Dgd. One of the main reasons I chose Dgd was do
to the GurbaLib.  In early september I e-mailed Erlend Simonsen and
downloaded a copy of his lib, after a couple days of trial-and-error
(cause I am a 'Newbie') I got it setup and running. After talking with
Erlend Simonsen again he realsed version .40 with fixes to the problems
I encountered and told me he added the download link to his page. After
downloading the new version, I got it up and running quickly with no
problems.I want to publicly thank Erlend Simonsen for his help cause
with it I am now able to start building my world.

So for anyone new to coding or thinking about building a MUD I would
suggest taking a look at GurbaLib. I consider it a very 'clean' coded
lib and has alot of good features. You can find it at
http://home.online.no/~erlesimo/gurbalib.html

I also recommend looking through other libs to see what options are out
there and for finding a lib that best suits your style, for me it was
Gurbalib.

Also, if there are others out there who use the Gurbalib and wouldn't
mind shareing some code ideas or offering some help I would appriciate
it. My e-mail is astial26 at hotmail.com

Thanks all, but I must get back to reading the archives :)