[DGD] GurbaLib available...

Keith Dunwoody keithdunwoody at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 3 05:14:18 CEST 2002

--- Noah Gibbs <angelbob at monkeyspeak.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 27 Sep 2002, Joshua P. Dady wrote:
> > >   I'll need to play around more before I'm sure,
> but maybe 2.4.5 has been
> > > finally unseated as the play-and-go MUDLib to
> beat.
> >
> > I'm still trying to figure out if you were showing
> your respect for
> > 2.4.5, from an age when it was innovative, or
> amazement that people
> > still use it in spite of how much innovation has
> occured since then.  ;)
>
>   Some of both, but mainly the first.  2.4.5 has
> been outdone long ago if
> you're building a large percentage of your own stuff
> into a MUDLib.  But
> it's still the best play-and-go (i.e. no additional
> coding, minimal
> additional building) solution for DGD out there --
> or at least, it
> definitely was before GurbaLib was finally made
> available.  Now, maybe it
> is.

I took a little look at GurbaLib, but it only seems to
run on a specially patched DGD 1.1 version (packaged
with GurbaLib), which put me off.  (I tried it with
1.2.47? which I use for Phantasmal, and it wouldn't
start.)  Looking at the web pages, it seems there
hasn't been much major development since 2000,
although the feature set is still quite impressive.

-- Keith