[DGD] GurbaLib available...

Noah Gibbs angelbob at monkeyspeak.com
Mon Sep 30 20:59:42 CEST 2002

On Fri, 27 Sep 2002, Joshua P. Dady wrote:
> >   I'll need to play around more before I'm sure, but maybe 2.4.5 has been
> > finally unseated as the play-and-go MUDLib to beat.
>
> I'm still trying to figure out if you were showing your respect for
> 2.4.5, from an age when it was innovative, or amazement that people
> still use it in spite of how much innovation has occured since then.  ;)

  Some of both, but mainly the first.  2.4.5 has been outdone long ago if
you're building a large percentage of your own stuff into a MUDLib.  But
it's still the best play-and-go (i.e. no additional coding, minimal
additional building) solution for DGD out there -- or at least, it
definitely was before GurbaLib was finally made available.  Now, maybe it
is.

  I'd like to say "I'll review GurbaLib and add it to my comparisons
page", and eventually I plan to, but I've been quite bad about updating my
page and Phantasmal lately.  But I hereby state my intent to do that at
some point :-)

angelbob at monkeyspeak.com
See my page of DGD documentation at
"http://phantasmal.sourceforge.net/DGD/"
If you post to the DGD list, you may see yourself there!