[DGD] Java or LPC (DGD)?

Par Winzell zell at skotos.net
Sun Aug 17 18:43:18 CEST 2003

> Interfaces are mere logical constructs required by the compiler. The
> VM does not know them. So it's easy to replace an interface as long
> as you make sure all classes using it are recompiled.

Indeed; if A inherits B and you recompile B, A must be automatically
recompiled. Writing a system to keep track of these dependencies is one
of the first things anybody has to do who sets out to write a persistent
library on top of DGD.

It works exceedingly well. We have uptimes in excess of four years, and
we rip out and replace fundamental public API's constantly. Once this
sort of thing is in place, it's hard to imagine anything else. I don't
see how genuine persistence beyond a few months is possible without it.

Zell