[DGD] DGD n00bie Question #1

Martyn Ashworth m.ashworth at ukonline.co.uk
Sun Aug 24 18:37:50 CEST 2003

> > #define TEST "/mud/usr/System/sys/example.c"
> >

> Try it without the ".c"
>
> Furthermore, do you really have your absolute paths starting with
> "/mud"?

oops. it is without the .c. typed in the e-mail from scratch so introduced a
whole load of new errors. that is not the problem anyway.

basically it's just a simple LOGD.

my config.h has
# define TWG_SYS_LOGD  "/usr/System/sys/logd"

my initd.c has
if(!find_object(TWG_SYS_LOGD)) { compile_object(TWG_SYS_LOGD); }  (and a
#include <twg_header.h>)
TWG_SYS_LOGD->log_system_message("boo",1);

my logd.c has this test code (at the moment)

void log_system_message(string logtext, int cheese)
{
  write_file("/log/test.log",logtext);
}

nothing else in the logd.c file apart from a function decleration for
log_system_message

the integer passed will be used, just not until i get the rest of the damn
thing worked :(

hope this clears up my idiocy a little further.

-=[MJ]=-
Did I Say Pasturised?!?