[DGD] (Newbie Question #2) [user->message]

Martyn Ashworth m.ashworth at ukonline.co.uk
Tue Aug 26 05:45:46 CEST 2003

OK.

I now have another little question. Basing most of my work around the stock
kernel (i prefer the deep-end when i jump in) i'm trying to write a module
that will format output onto a users screen depending on whether they have
ansi enabled or not.

Looking at the user.c object

private void tell_audience(string str)
{
    object *users, user;
    int i;

    users = users();
    for (i = sizeof(users); --i >= 0; ) {
     user = users[i];
     if (user != this_object() &&
       sscanf(object_name(user), DEFAULT_USER + "#%*d") != 0) {
       user->message(str);
     }
   }
}

so in this example would 'user' be the reference to a cloned user.c object?

in this case is it a case of writing my own "void message(string str)" type
function to handle the text to display to user or do i need to do some more
reading?

please excuse any incorrect terminology, i'm not a programmer by trade, just
by hobby.

any pointers gratefully received.

-=[MJ]=-
Feeding the herd since 1977.