[DGD] Impressed with DGD

Christopher Darque thedarque at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 2 11:43:02 CET 2003

--- "Sergey S. Koval" <serg at scs.ntu-kpi.kiev.ua> wrote:

> Why no one using DIKU-like color codes ? Format of color code is
> quite simple: {(<color letter> or {)

Mostly I expect it is just because no one has ever
set up the tools one would need to use those codes.

The secondary reason is that the way code works on
LP is somewhat different than it is in Diku. The
basic format uses () and perhaps to avoid confusion
no one has ever attempted to set the Diku codes up.

This is a typical LP line

int do_something() {
    call_other(x);
}

But what you suggest is the right idea, the % character
is not used in any LP standard code so %b is a possibility.
Just have to come up with enough letters to cover all the
soild colors, the highlighted ones, the inverse ones, and
the extras like bold, flash, and a couple of other effects.

This whole topic has really made me mess the full ANSI
character set. The graphic symbols in it are really great
for doing pictures, and I am wondering if there is some
way I could make use of it. Perhaps a special download to
the players or something like that.  If this game I am
considering is proposed, and accepted, at Skotos then this
might be a real possibility.

A.T
(-)

=====