[DGD] Impressed with DGD

Christopher Darque thedarque at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 3 10:00:46 CET 2003

--- Dannic <dannic at orpgs.com> wrote:

> This can be done with some telnet clients as well.

I know, I have been a registered owner of Zmud for a
very long time and it has always served me well.

But when I have made games in the past I did not want
to limit play to just those people with a specific
client. You mentioned a couple of the most popular
ones but I can think of at least 3-4 more that are
also in use.

I mean even when I said 'ANSI color required' I know I
cut out some people who only play via plain telnet. I did
not feel too bad about that because I just cannot live
without color so there was little choice.  And while I
have not dug into the subject lately, the way it used to
be was that each client was a little different. This means
double or triple the work to make the game respond properly
to each one. Certainly worth the effort, but there is
only so much time in a day.

Doing a project for Skotos is a little different, everyone
who is there has already accepted the loss of the use of
terminals like Zmud so it is not such a problem.

A.T
(-)

=====
(-) Zone Central