[DGD] Invitation

Christopher Darque thedarque at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 11 01:21:56 CET 2003

--- David Jackson <atari_x at bellsouth.net> wrote:

> 1) What exactly is the scope of the GDG?

When we get fully running again membership will be
available to anyone who is, or has, worked on live
multiplayer online games. This includes anyone who
has worked on a MU*, MMORPG, or any with any commercial
group that does those things.

> 2) What exactly do you hope to accomplish?

I founded it because it seems to me that the whole
multiplayer online game community had grown large
enough to support such a thing. It is modeled along
the lines of a normal professional association. If
you direct movies you probably belong to the Directors
Guild, the GDG is like that.

The two fundamental GDG documents are now posted
as Basic GDG Information and The Charter.

> 3) Why are we invited to view these boards for a group that we
> cannot join?

Well there are 2 groups there, one is the Team I am
working on putting together for the new game, but the
other will be open to new applicants fairly soon. With
what I know of your background you are certainly
qualified for Full Membership in the GDG. The main
hold-up right now is that I do not a confirmation that
the person who was handling new applications is ready
to go. She has been in touch but things are not yet
totally settled.

This list is dedicated to DGD, and to people working
on Mudlibs for it. Since I am not exactly doing that I
want a chance to talk to people like you in a place
where the content is more open.  You got invited for
a couple of reasons, one you speak your mind rather
clearly and that is always a good thing, and you have
the technical skills to contribute to my game project.

Darque
(-)

=====
(-) Zone Central