[DGD] Problems with PC/MAC

Michael Bergbauer dgd at noname.franken.de
Tue Feb 18 02:19:21 CET 2003

On Sat Feb 15, 2003 at 08:5823PM +0100, Rickard Nilsson wrote:
> I have a DGD-server on my PC machine which works fine, but when my
> friend tries to connect to my MUD it doesnt work. It has nothing to
> do with the firewall, cause if I put up another server on the same
> port it works fine, but however, he cant connect to my MUD.
>
> Anyone that has a solution on my problem?

What OS are you talking of? Oh, obviously windows, it seems.

Are you by chance running WinXP and the other server is something from
Microsoft?

Or are you running anything so-called "personal firewall"?

But this problem isn't really DGD-specific, so you should find some help
somewhere else, perhaps look for a friend with experience in TCP/IP
networking, to find out what is wrong.

--
Michael Bergbauer <michael at noname.franken.de>
use your idle CPU cycles - See http://www.distributed.net for details.