[DGD] Problem with too many functions.

Alphoen alphoen at svartvinter.net
Sat Jan 4 03:18:23 CET 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Felix A. Croes" <felix at dworkin.nl>
To: <dgd at list.imaginary.com>
Sent: Friday, January 03, 2003 3:01 AM
Subject: Re: [DGD] Problem with too many functions.

> "Alphoen" <alphoen at svartvinter.net> wrote:
>
> > I've asked you before, and now I'm desperate.
> > I'm using the 2.4.5-lib for dgd-1.2 and it seems that my player-file(and
> > living since it's inherited)
> > together has too many functions. I've tried to change the numbers in the
> > if-statement above the
> > error-messages "too many functions declared" and "too many undefined
> > functions" to 500.
>
> It really is best not to hack DGD if you have no experience with C
> programming.  You cannot change this just by modifying a few constants.
>
> You can easily work around the limit on the number of functions by
> putting some of them into a different object, and inheriting that.
>
> Regards,
> Dworkin

Thanks a lot for your answear. I presume you're the one that knows best what
do and if you say it's far too complicated to fix on my own I guess I just
have to
follow your advice and inherit. Thanks a lot. I would though be happy if
someone
had a patch or even have been into the same problem and solved it and could
explain
how to fix this "problem".

Alphoen.