[DGD] Copying objects in DGD

Jamin Vander Berg jaminv at softhome.net
Sat Jan 11 12:24:10 CET 2003

I've looked through the docs that I can find, but I can't figure out if its possible to make a copy of an object. That is, supposing an object's data values have changed since it was first cloned and created, is it possible to make a "replica" object. I am trying to make a "multiple item" inheritable, in which if you only "get", for example, 50 out of 100 of an item laying on the ground (all 100 are 1 object), the object must be cloned, moved to the player, and set to 50, while the old object would be reduced to 50. However, if, for any reason, the data values of the first object have changed since creation, simply cloning the same object would be inaccurate. Trying to figure out if this is possible. Until then, I'm just putting in the clone code.

Thanks alot for your time and (hopefully) your help.

--jaminv