[DGD] Rooms implementation

Lord Lerkista lordlerkista at yahoo.com.mx
Mon Jan 13 10:15:19 CET 2003

I'm not sure if this is a question for this list
I want to make some type of array of all the rooms in
my mud, something like a system of room's coordinates,
to make easy things like interact with rooms around
the actual room, i try to make a 3D array, xyz[][][],
but it's so heavy for the mud,
which would be the better implementation of that??

I also want to make some kind of maps of where you are
at the moment, like in Materia Magica MUD

http://www.materiamagica.com/start/screen/index.php

I have done something like that, using mappings to
store the rooms objects and theirs coordinates (in
this format "!x#y#z!"), i don't know how this will
works with thousands of rooms in memory

i thing that isn't the best way to do that, but i have
not more ideas also i don't know well what DGD is
capable to do, i work with a very simple programming

Sorry about my english

Thankx