[DGD] Mutli-CPU Support?

Kevin N. Carpenter kevinc at seaplace.org
Sun Jan 19 19:58:09 CET 2003

Maybe its left over Holiday spirit, but I'm in a hopeful mood <laugh>.

OpenMosix concentrates on evenly using multiple CPUs across multiple
physical machines.  It does so via migrating an active process from an
overworked machine to another machine in the cluster that currently has
resources to spare.

I made the presumption, always a dangerous thing, that DGD/MP was
focused on utilizing multiple CPUs within one physical machine.
Typically I think of that, or its big brother (high speed interconnected
clusters, the $1M type) as "tightly coupled" CPUs.  OpenMosix comes
across as being targetted at more "loosely coupled" environments, often
built up from $1K type machines.

Thanks for the dialog.

Kevin C.