[DGD] Simulations & Memory

Christopher Darque thedarque at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 29 09:17:32 CET 2003

--- Ryan Elgram <gmvalic at cox.net> wrote:

> It can work that way. A lot of co-lo places will manage your
> servers internal parts as well for an additional cost of course.

I have had both private servers (not maintained by myself) and
professional Hosts. Frankly I prefer the Hosts since you can usually
count on regular back-ups and consistant service.

One Example: mudhost.com

Below are the packages, they can be customized for special needs. For
additional memory the price is $1 for each MB up to 15 MB, then $1
per 15 MB after.

Standard Premium
100 MB hard drive space
24 MB RAM
2 background processes
Shell e-mail
Webpage space
CGI access for webpage
Price: $20/month
For average MUDs

Of course this is just one place, I have not gone looking in a
really serious way in a while. But I paid $30 a month for a 32
RAM setup similar to the above a couple of years ago. And I make
no claims this is the best deal out there, just a quick sample.

A.T
(-)