[DGD] DGD & Simulations

Christopher Allen ChristopherA at skotos.net
Fri Jan 31 19:47:40 CET 2003

"Dannic" <dannic at orpgs.com>:
> I was thinking more in lines of .gif and .jpg images
> being seen in the client window.  Possibly a frame as
> what is possible with zmud and mushclient.  They are
> generally small images and can be loaded pretty quick.
> Hosted on a server other than the mud server.

You might want to take a look at a couple of Skotos games, in
particular, Castle Marrach and Grendel's Revenge. Both have gifs and
jpegs under client control.

Our basic technique is to have a pane for flowing text that is imbedded
inside an html page. This text pane can receive special commands that it
will send out to the DOM of the web page it sits inside. This allows us
to change the whole web page dynamically. We have three clients that use
this technique, an Active-X client that is based on Pueblo, a Java
client, and a Mozilla Javascript client.

-- Christopher Allen