[DGD] Maximums

Lord Lerkista lordlerkista at gmx.net
Wed Jun 18 12:35:41 CEST 2003

Hi, i need to increase the maximum of number of objects and mappings
the maximums are 65535 for objects and 30000 (of somehing like that)
for mapping

I'm making an entire area of rooms and store it in a mapping, so a
maximum of 30000
only let me make an area of 150x200 rooms, i want to make it bigger
There's a way to increase the maximums??

i tried to split the rooms in many mappings, with something like this
in the add_object() function:

if(previous_object()->query_room())
{
	if(sizeof(map_indices(rooms) )< 25000)
	{
		rooms[previous_object()]++;
	}
	else if (sizeof(map_indices(rooms2) )< 25000)
	{
		rooms2[previous_object()]++;
	}
}
But with this the mud gets very slow when i'm loading the rooms, and
the memory grows
very fast, like 70M with 10000 rooms loaded

i use a function that loads a lot of rooms, just for test

Normally the memory is something like 30M for 30000 rooms

BTW, i'm trying to make a random maze generator for the mud, anyone
knows if there's one in LPC??
I found one in C, but i didn't have luck in porting to LPC =/