[DGD] Memory usage in 1.2p2

Noah Gibbs angelbob at monkeyspeak.com
Thu Mar 13 21:41:49 CET 2003

  I can't help you with most of this, alas, but:

On Thu, 13 Mar 2003 tavise at nwlink.com wrote:
> - I've noticed 'threads' in the driver docs ... is there any thread-safe
> practices that must be observed in LPC to make sure there are no
> concurrency problems?

  Nope.  DGD enforces this for you itself.  You can just act like the
threads are running one at a time, one after the other.  Even on
multiprocessor DGD.  It's a neat trick, and works because DGD tracks some
things that few other languages/interpreters do.  Basically it's a side
effect of DGD having planes and atomic functions so threads can make sure
that they don't step on each other, and if they do then one of them gets
rolled back as if it had never happened.

angelbob at monkeyspeak.com
See my page of DGD documentation at
"http://phantasmal.sourceforge.net/DGD/"
If you post to the DGD list, you may see yourself there!