[DGD] Hooks

Erwin Harte harte at xs4all.nl
Mon Mar 17 05:41:05 CET 2003

On Sun, Mar 16, 2003 at 11:34:08PM -0500, Ben Chambers wrote:
> > > Also, how do you tell what port the incoming connection is on?
> >
> >   Bare-bones DGD will pass an integer to telnet_connect or
> > binary_connect.  That integer is an offset into the array of ports you
> > gave it in the config file.  For instance, if you have only one telnet
> > port and only one binary port, the number will always be 0.
>
> It will?  Then how come the definition of the function is object
> telnet_connect() and not object telnet_connect(int index).

In the most recent version I have access to it's:

    object telnet_connect(int port);
    object binary_connect(int port);

You may be looking at an old(er) DGD version where the number of ports
was limited to one telnet port and one binary port.

>                                                             Also, how come
> in the DGD source telnet port and binary port can be stored in integers?

I don't understand the question.  DGD source (C code) quite often has
little to do with how things look on the (LPC) inside.

Erwin.
--
Erwin Harte <harte at xs4all.nl>