[DGD] Use of sscanf

Erwin Harte harte at is-here.com
Wed May 7 17:40:37 CEST 2003

On Wed, May 07, 2003 at 11:36:23AM -0400, Jay Shaffstall wrote:
[...]
> Is this what is supposed to happen?  I had expected that if the string did
> not contain an integer, then %d would not match anything, and my code would
> continue on to try to match a float.

Yes, that is supposed to happen, similar to how this:

    sscanf("12foo", "%d", i)

will give a return-value of 1 and i will have the value 12 assigned to
it.

Erwin.
--
Erwin Harte        |  I'm using a whitelist to block spam.  If you get
harte at is-here.com  |  a bounce when emailing me directly that either