[DGD] Rlimits weirdness...

Noah Gibbs noah_gibbs at yahoo.com
Mon May 26 01:54:55 CEST 2003

--- "Felix A. Croes" <felix at dworkin.nl> wrote:
> Static functions can be called with call_limited().

  Sure, but not from outside the object.  They, and
call_limited, are static.

> Beyond that,
> it is not clear to me exactly what you are trying to
> do, so it is hard to offer advice.

  I'm doing a mass rebuild of objects in the MUD.  My
ObjectD supports objects having an "upgraded" function
-- if an object is rebuilt, the upgraded function will
be called, but not immediately after.  Instead, I do a
call_out to make sure that the rebuild has already
occurred and the new code will be used.

  At the moment, when an object is rebuilt, I add its
name to an array and I if no upgrade call_out is
pending, I schedule one with a delay of zero (and I do
the usual RSRCD magic that keeps anybody else from
getting called while I'm doing it).

  When I receive that call_out, I go through the array
and call upgraded() on the various objects that need
it.

  Anyway, now I've moved the rlimits(...; -1) to the
outside, and you're right, it looks much better there
:-)

=====
------
noah_gibbs at yahoo.com