[DGD] Static functions, static AUTO functions, access

Noah Gibbs noah_gibbs at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 19 19:19:30 CET 2003

--- "Felix A. Croes" <felix at dworkin.nl> wrote:
> Noah Gibbs <noah_gibbs at yahoo.com> wrote:
> It's not included, it's inherited from an include
> file.  What would be
> the point of a second-tier auto object that is
> merely included? :)

  That was kind of what I thought, once I'd seen that.
 But it looks like it's just substituting one path for
another in the driver object in the path_include()
function.  Maybe I've forgotten how to set it up and
there's something I'm missing.

  Does path_special() just give a file to be included,
and I put an "inherit foo" into that file?

> As long as you mask every function you want to
> protect, you're fine.

  Yeah, I figured I'd need to do that.  I've already
done that with everything in the Kernel Library AUTO
object, and I'll be checking the various built-in
functions as well, just in case I missed anything.

=====
------
noah_gibbs at yahoo.com