[DGD] Telnet Protocol

Steve Foley zeppo1 at mindspring.com
Fri Nov 21 00:53:45 CET 2003

This isn't entirely on topic, but I hope its enough on topic to not be an
annoyance.

I'm having trouble deciding on what sequence will constitute a return key
stroke in the telnet protocol.  I've read the protocol, and have read
numerous mailing list discussions via google web searches on the matter, and
I'm still not entirely certain what character sequences I should treat as if
the user had locally pressed the return key.

Obviously \r\n, \r\0, but what about just \r?  Or just \n?  Or \n\r?  Should
\n\r be treated the same as \r\n?

My own inclination is that the answer to all those might be yes.  Thoughts?