[DGD] Just getting started

nihilxaos at nihilxaos.com nihilxaos at nihilxaos.com
Wed Oct 15 00:47:45 CEST 2003

I'm just getting started on working on my first MUD. I've worked on
several in the past so my handle on LPC isn't all that bad. What I haven't
done, though, is work with dgd. I picked it because I liked much of the
methodology and the ability to run a mud without having to reboot it. Nice
stuff.

Being a complete geek, though, I have decided to put together my own
mudlib. Well, not from scratch...I'm not that good yet. I'm looking at
expanding from the kernel library since it seems to be a pretty solid
foundation to build upon. From what I can tell this is a sensible choice.
>From there I can also look at some other mudlibs for inspiration, or at
least the way that people usually write their syntax so any new builders
won't be completely lost in my version of LPC.

My first question, though not a tough one I assure you, is my current
version of the driver is 1.2p3. Is that about as good as it gets at this
point, or should I consider another release?

Thanks.

p.s. - The documentation on the Phantasmal site is fantastic!