[DGD] Re: sprintf

Bart van Leeuwen bart at wotf.org
Fri Apr 2 11:44:44 CEST 2004

On Thu, 1 Apr 2004, Robert Forshaw wrote:

> >I checked out Abigails before as well, but comparitively its nearly 40KB
> >and
> >spread over 8 files, 5 .h's and 3 .c's and the other is 17KB and one
> >selfcontained .c, as far as I could tell from testing they both appeared to
> >have similiar functionality.
>
> On the other hand, the code in Abigails is better formatted (although still
> looking rather condensed). I'm having trouble understanding the code in
> either one, guess it will take some reading. It looks rather costly in CPU
> as well. Pity there isn't a binary version. Thanks for the suggestions.

I am using Abigails code on a 1.2p3 driver at the moment without much
probs, performance is better then I had expected from an LPC
implementation, and I don't use it so heavily that it becomes an issue.

I am kindof happy not having a binary implementation.. tho it is quite
possible to do it well, I have seen too many drivers that were vulnerable
to format string related bugs with serious security consequences, and its
not that hard to do it right, but so much easier to do it wrong ;P

Bart