[DGD] Re: Clones and very large arrays

Michael McKiel crashnbrn71 at yahoo.ca
Sun Apr 4 05:44:07 CEST 2004

 --- Robert Forshaw <iouswuoibev at hotmail.com>
> [...]
> Thirdly, why 1024? As opposed to any other number.
>
> Using division is pretty neat btw. It's one of those things that seems so
> simple but probably wouldn't have occured to me!

My mistake sorry, I did [( clone_num % 1024 : ({ clones }) )]
from memory I seemed to recall it doing mod, and I guess it shoulda been:
[( clone_num / 1024 : ({ clones }) )]

And I believe cuz its efficient it could also be accomplished with:
clone_num << 10 ... shift the number by 10 binary positions to the left
equivalent to clone_num / 1024 , or clone_num / 2^10