[DGD] Current state of MUD-dom

David Jackson atari_x at bellsouth.net
Mon Aug 23 10:53:04 CEST 2004

Greetings, all!

After having to go into lurk mode for the better part of 2 years
(work-related), I have returned and did some digging around.

I am saddened to see that MudConnector only lists 21 MUDs as having a
population higher than 100 on a regular basis.

I am also saddened to see the list of AberMUDs almost dwindling to
nothing.  And only a few LPMuds on the list.

I am wondering what the future of MUDs are; in my mind, a good game is a
good game is a good game.

But...the facts don't lie.  Where are MUDs headed in the future?  In this
day and age of multimedia, have they clung to existence far too long anyhow?

Just wanted to hear your thoughts, before I decide to dig into some new mud
coding...

David Jackson
Mystic Visions