[DGD] Re: My idea for the DGD driver - validate

Par Winzell zell at skotos.net
Fri Feb 13 18:01:27 CET 2004

Robert Forshaw wrote:

>> From: Erwin Harte <harte at is-here.com>
>> >            I am making an assumption here, based on how he has
>> treated me
>> > in the past, and I believe I'm entitled to make this assumption, but I
>> > think he was just seeking an oppertunity to sound condescending
>> towards me.
>>
>> You're entitled to make assumptions.  You would be wrong, however.
>>
>> > As far as I'm concerned, only a novice doesn't know what 'private' and
>> > 'static' are.
>>
>> As far as I'm concerned you're a novice on this list and in the first
>> few weeks you've worked very hard on confirming the impression that
>> you're a novice with DGD and possible LPC.  As a result I don't think
>> it was unreasonable for me to assume you hadn't realized the
>> possibilities of private and static functions.
>

> I don't think a novice could conceive or iterate an idea such as the one
> I presented, but then considering you failed to comprehend what my post
> was all about on first glance, I can see why you took me for being
> clueless.

Enough! Everybody! This is Usenet quality, completely off topic personal
flame-wars. Robert, please stop being so obsessed with proving you are
not a novice. Who cares? You are doing cool things with DGD, continue
doing it. Everybody else, surely you are all old enough to resist this
endless stream of snippy sarcasm.

Zell