[DGD] Re: Kernel lib create()

Erwin Harte harte at is-here.com
Thu Feb 19 07:01:58 CET 2004

On Thu, Feb 19, 2004 at 12:45:51AM -0500, Michael McKiel wrote:
> I was curious about a couple calls done in the Kernel lib, which seem to be
> strange, in both the telnet.c & binary.c files in kernel/obj/
> Within their create() {} functions, they respectively do calls:
>
> ::create("binary");
> ::create("telnet");
>
> They are the only objects which do this...so...
> What is the purpose or gain of this?
> Doesn't create only accept an int?

It doesn't matter what interface the underlying libraries use, as long
as the "toplevel" create() prototype matches the one that
/kernel/lib/auto.c expects to call from _F_create(), all is good.

And since /kernel/obj/{telnet,binary}.c use 'void create(int clone)'
there is no problem.

Hope that helps,

Erwin.
--