[DGD] Re: A simple lib

Josh Dady jpd at indecisive.com
Tue Jan 6 18:48:59 CET 2004

On Jan 6, 2004, at 12:31 PM, Robert Forshaw wrote:

>> In DGD you 'do it yourself' by having a generic connection object
>> which passes messages back and forth to the object that's actually in
>> charge.  In a mud that could be a player body, but it could just as
>> easily be something more abstract.  The kernel-lib implements such a
>> mechanism.
>
> That's basically what I had figured. Why is this feature not catered
> for better? It means having an additional object for every user. Seems
> a bit of a waste to me.

Essentially for the same reason that DGD doesn't implement object
inventories either -- neither needs to be done in the driver.  Both are
simple to implement in LPC, and neither would be of much use to someone
who chose to implement their HTTP server instead of their text-based
multi-user game in it.

--
Joshua P. Dady