[DGD] Re: masking kfuns

Erwin Harte harte at is-here.com
Wed Jan 7 18:14:46 CET 2004

On Wed, Jan 07, 2004 at 04:53:45PM +0000, Robert Forshaw wrote:
> How do I mask a kfun, and how do I refer to the original function? Is it
> anything like driver::kfun() ?

Yes.  In your auto-object, you can do something like this:

    static object find_object(string path)
    {
        /* Do some of your own sanitizing of input, etc. */

        /* ... */

        return ::find_object(path);
    }

> Once the function is masked is it possible for someone to do driver::kfun()
> to bymass the masked version? If so how can I prevent it?

If you redefine the function in the auto-object, then only code in the
auto-object can use ::function() to access the original.  And of
course the driver-object can, assuming you don't do bizarre things
like inheriting the auto-object, there.

Cheers,

Erwin.
--