[DGD] another question about clones

Par Winzell zell at skotos.net
Wed Jan 7 23:29:58 CET 2004

> Is there any built-in way of returning an array of the clones of a
> master object, or do I need an object manager keeping track of clones to
> be able to do this?

The traditional method is a linked list. Each clone keeps a pointer to
its next (and perhaps its previous) clone. The downside of that solution
is that you can't acquire the pointers without swapping the objects in.
With the recent addition of call_touch(), this has become especially
important. On the other hand, you probably don't want object manager
that keeps track of every clone of every master object.

My suggestion is that you let the master copy of the object keep track
of all its clones, possibly using a mapping of mappings.

Zell