[DGD] Persistance

Par Winzell zell at skotos.net
Thu Jan 8 16:46:32 CET 2004

> >From: "Felix A. Croes" <felix at dworkin.nl>
> >So why is User B's object not around?  Who ran away with it, and why?
>
> Don't you have to destruct the user object in order for their connection to
> be dropped?

The user object is associated with the user's current connection to the
game. The player's body, with its state, is part of the virtual world,
and is never destructed. It stays around in memory for precisely the
length of time you'd keep a savefile.o around for a non-persistent game.

You don't really understand how fundamental a difference persistence is.
Since you're planning on writing a persistent lib, I advocate you just
get right to it -- you'll have a dozen 'aha!' experiences the very first
day of coding. You won't get those by talking about it here.

Zell