[DGD] Re: lf in #define

Robert Forshaw iouswuoibev at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 8 18:57:33 CET 2004

>From: Erwin Harte <harte at is-here.com>
>They aren't supported anywhere, but merely ignored

In this case that is effectively the same thing.
>and only in
>preprocessor statements do they cause problems.

And I think they should be ignored in preprocessor statements as well, or,
cause problems everywhere, not just in the preprocessor. It tolerates
carriage return elsewhere but not in the preprocessor and there doesn't seem
to be any reasoning behind that. If DGD complains about carriage returns all
the time, then it'll be obvious what the problem is. On the other hand there
won't be any problems at all if the preprocessor also ignores the carriage
return. When it only objects to them in the preprocessor it is more
difficult to recognise the problem. Other people might have the same problem
I had in the future.

>Newlines in DGD's LPC
>code are \n, not \r\n, not \n\r, and not \r.
>
>That's not too difficult to manage, is it?

Are you being sarcastic? No, it isn't difficult to manage, or I wouldn't
have solved my problem would I?