[DGD] Re: Hide text

Erwin Harte harte at is-here.com
Fri Jan 9 20:40:38 CET 2004

On Fri, Jan 09, 2004 at 07:13:22PM +0000, Robert Forshaw wrote:
> >From: Par Winzell <zell at skotos.net>
[...]
> >If there is magicaly behaviour on the word 'Password', then I imagine
> >that's something the client does, not DGD. Perhaps your client simply
> >ignores the TELNET command to stop echo? Lots do.
>
> That's quite possible, and something that didn't occur to me. I'd like to
> hide the password input regardless of client though. That is possible,
> isn't it?

Not if the client is braindead. :-)

You could use both send_message(0) and reorder the output to have
'Password' at the beginning of the line both times?

    Password:
    Password (verify):

... Certainly make sure you test the results with something other than
your own telnet executable.  There are various mud/telnet
implementations that you could use for this.

Erwin.
--
Erwin Harte <harte at is-here.com>