[DGD] Re: Recursion in recompile(), is this correct?

Noah Gibbs noah_gibbs at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 12 17:18:04 CET 2004

--- Bart van Leeuwen <bart at wotf.org> wrote:
> Hmm. has anyone ever tried a setup where
> upgrades of 'children' of a
> recompiled library are delayed untill the
> next time the child is
> referenced?

  I guess you could use the (very new) call_touch for
this...  Prior to call_touch there was no real way to
tell when the object was referenced so you couldn't do
it that way.

  Hm.  Maybe I'll start having Phantasmal do upgrades
that way.  I'd need to make sure that all upgrading
was already finished before each recompile, though, to
avoid losing the old upgraded() code or having to
write upgraded() functions that could handle every
possible previous version.

  But you're right, that could save you some time if
you did it well.

=====
------
noah_gibbs at yahoo.com